It is our thinking that the success of an acquisition is often a function of issues associated with operations, finance and people sides of the business. WMC has developed a model for conducting human capital valuations in the context of venture capital and private equity investment. We have successfully partnered with teams across industries to work on the people side of business through:
- Assessing the match between business needs and the talent and culture of the acquired company.
- Providing clear recommendations for the people side of acquisition and decisions. This would include recommendation for:
- How to manage or structure the existing team
- New hire management and development
- Position redesign
- Culture change
- Supporting post-acquisition activity in areas of staffing, talent management, competency modeling, job design, performance measurement, culture development, etc.