As a Coach/Consultant, Linda Saran has witnessed her life principle—“to make a joyful difference in the lives of those she touches”—empower others to progress on their journeys. Whether trying to find a path, or scale a summit, it’s been said that Linda is the “sherpa” you want as a guide along the way.
Throughout a 30-year communications career spanning the corporate and nonprofit sectors, Linda has honed executive coaching, leadership, presentation, training, strategic planning, time management and managerial skills.
Linda has partnered with C-Suites and their teams, serving Fortune 100 companies primarily in the financial and health care industries. Clients have included Accenture, American Express, Citicorp, Bank of Montreal, Harris Bank of Chicago, First National Bank of Chicago, Allstate Insurance, EHS Health Care/Good Shepherd Hospital, Hyatt, Pepper Construction, McClier Corporation, Lillibridge and Rustoleum Corporation.
Directing the “Second Act"
Having navigated her own re-invention through three successful careers, Linda is passionate about helping others do the same. This may include those facing, among other things, a:
- Crossroads: career and/or life
- Juncture: job and/or life
- Transition: between jobs and/or industries
- Career Reinvention: job and/or life change
Linda’s proprietary coaching program, True North Performance, provides the space and grace to explore options and create a strategic plan…for the Second, Third…Act.
Partnering for Peak Performance
Linda leverages her skill set to partner with coaching clients—one-on-one—and create tailored programs that enable them to reinvent themselves and achieve peak performance:
- Manager, Information Technology/Business Integration: “I feel a renewed sense of focus in my career direction…greater empowerment…the identification of specific action steps toward the realization of goals is one of collaboration.”
- Actuary/Financial Analyst: “Linda helped me identify the true underlying issue in a situation and made it easier to act. One of our managers mentioned that he had not experienced such focus on his development in nine years at our company.”
- Director of Field Operations: “Linda is a personal trainer for the mind. She has a unique ability to quickly help one determine what is getting in the way of obtaining goals. The questions she asks and the technique she uses cause one to do more than just personally reflect. She helps people understand what they really want from their profession (and their life). Then she helps you create a real specific game plan for change. Linda’s a coach who makes you feel like she’s on the field with you, and that’s what makes the difference.”
Shaping Business through Communication
Throughout her corporate and non-profit career, Linda has applied broad-based communications—particularly verbal, written, presentation, planning and management—to further organizational objectives.
- Senior Business Journalist/Borg-Warner Corporation: Developed communication strategy with CEO/Senior Management, while reporting on the company’s six subsidiaries.
- Consultant/College of Lake County: Conducted a Communications Needs Assessment and created a prototype for a new community publication.
- Director, Communications/Second Harvest National Food Bank Network: Oversaw public and media relations/advertising/publications for 200 food banks nationwide.
- Pursued and secured a pro bono, multi-media, public awareness campaign.
- Negotiated with The White House, and wrote the script, for a television PSA with First Lady Barbara Bush.
- Produced a five-day national conference, securing keynoter CBS’ Charles Kurault
- Director of Communications/Girl Scouts of Chicago: Spokeswoman for all media relations on state-wide cookie tampering crisis getting national media attention for weeks:
- Was interviewed by Dan Rather for his Network Nightly News program.
- Met daily with the Board of Directors to update leadership and develop media strategy for the day.
Education & Development
- Master of Science in Communications, Northwestern University
- Bachelor of Arts, Northwestern University
- The Coaches Institute, San Rafael, CA
- American Management Association, Train the Trainer
Awards, Achievements & Associations
- Author of children’s book, “In My Dreams…I Do!” available through amazon.com. Secured underwriting from pharmaceutical company Rhone-Polenc Rorer, for printing. Secured pro bono illustration and design services. Proceeds from all sales benefit The Les Turner ALS Foundation and RAINBOWS for Children
- Published writer: Chicago Tribune, Chicago Sun-Times, Evanston Review, North Shore magazine and Second Wind (columns), a motivational newsletter.
- Board Member/Volunteer: Not-for-Profit organizations.
- “From the Heart” I & II CDs: vocals, photography, jacket design
- Vocalist: Former member, multiple choral groups