Jeff Wolf, President, RCC
- Relationships are key. People want to do business with other people they like and trust. It takes time – patience is a virtue.
- Get out! You’ll never meet anyone sitting at your desk or in the office.
- Blogging, tweeting, speaking and writing position you as an expert in your practice area. Clients gravitate to experts.
- Write your website bio from the perspective of your client. What makes you unique and how do you overcome their problems.
- Rainmaking takes time, commitment and not being afraid to step out of your comfort zone.
- Comment at one of my workshops: “I’d hate to be a forty year old attorney without a book of business in today’s economy.”
- Focus your efforts on selected target markets with specific activities. Don’t confuse activity with productivity.
- Cross-sell internally. Make sure colleagues know what you do and about your successes.
- Speaking engagements are a great way to attract new business: Presentations – A Way to Become a Magnet for New Business
- In rainmaking, attitude is everything. You must be motivated, ambitious and driven to produce long term results.
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/JeffWolfUSA