Proposed Teambuilding Activities
Solid teamwork is foundational to the success of organizations today. Collaboration is the primary benefit. Teambuilding has become a primary vehicle for helping individuals work better together to accomplish important results. Our teambuilding programs will assist you in maximizing their effectiveness and overcoming blocks to success thereby creating an environment where quantum shifts in individual and team performance not only become possible, but common.
Most people who have experienced teambuilding talk about how it benefited them both as individuals and the team as a whole. Teambuilding is a vehicle for ensuring that individuals work together harmoniously, productively, and effectively to maximize task accomplishment and goal achievement. Teambuilding provides participants with skills and knowledge that will increase their personal effectiveness and ultimately, the effectiveness of the entire group.
Since teamwork involves participants interacting with one another, it makes sense they should also learn in situations presented by games and other experiential activities. It is an established fact that adults learn best by doing. So teambuilding capitalizes on this fact and utilizes structured and engaging activities for people to interact with one another to share their experiences and insights. In teambuilding activities, participants take an active role in jointly experiencing an event, reflecting on it, and sharing what they learned from it.
As a result of our teambuilding experience participants will:
Time: 1:00 – 1:30
Activity: Icebreaker Activity(Greeting Bingo Game)
- Participants move around room and engage each other to find who fits a particular description on the bingo card.
- Person to complete the bingo card first wins a prize.
Time: 1:30 – 2:00
Activity: Team Fundamentals (Tower of Balloons Exercise)
- Divide group into small teams (4-6 people)
- Each group tries to build tallest tower of freestanding balloons within time limit
- Debrief on characteristics of effective teams
Time: 2:00 – 2:45
Activity: Working Together (Toxic River Race)
- Divide group into new teams (10-12 people)
- Each group relies on cooperation using available limited resources to win the race by successfully getting all of the team across the finish line
- Debrief and group discussion
Time: 2:45 – 3:00
Time: 3:00 – 4:15
Activity: Work Style and Teamwork (Myers-Briggs Type Indicator and Build a Bridge Exercise)
- Individuals determine their MBTI type
- Divide group into three new teams who must build a free standing bridge with available materials
- Debrief discussion
Time: 4:15 – 5:00
Activity: Creating Consensus (Lost at Sea, consensus building activity)
- Review principles of consensus based decision making
- Independent completion of exercise worksheet
- Divide into teams and complete worksheet based on consensus
- Debrief exercise and share learning
Time: 5:00 – 5:15
Activity: Wrap Up
- Closing Remarks
- Review of teambuilding experiences
Leadership insights in your inbox.